Mincor's Policy in the field of Occupational Health and Safety
Mincor's stakeholders include its shareholders, employees, local residents and the wider community. Mincor recognises its responsibilities to all its stakeholders and will ensure that its Health, Safety and Environmental standards are second to none.
- Mincor will carry out its business in a responsible manner, and will protect and cherish the natural environment.
- Mincor will ensure that its employees are protected from all occupational injuries and diseases.
- Mincor will provide a safe working environment for its employees, will ensure that Health and Safety are management's top priority and that its workforce is fully trained in Health and Safety matters.
In order to live up to these ideals, it is important to carefully plan and execute actions in line with the ideals in order to properly manage occupational health and safety.
Quarterly update on Health, Safety and the Environment
There were no Lost Time Injuries recorded for the June 2014 quarter. The 12-month moving average Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate for all Mincor Operations is 2.25, which is unchanged from the March 2014 quarter and below the Industry Underground average of 3.0. This represents one lost time injury in the rolling 12-months period.
There were three Alternative Duty Injuries in the June 2014 quarter, down from seven in the Mar 2014 quarter.
The following improvement strategies were undertaken during the June 2014 quarter:
- Improvements and refinements to pre-employment medical tests.
- Site OHS Performance Plan finalised and agreed with Mincor's insurer, including specific targets.
- Review of Site Tagging and Isolation Procedures and re-enforcement with workforce.
- Additional personnel recruited into Emergency Response training. Three ER team members completed advanced Occupational Health and First Aid training.
- Conducted in-house First Aid training for 21 employees. The percentage of the total workforce with First Aid training is now at 75% (up from 67%). The target is 90%.
- Blanket drug and alcohol testing across all operations, and scheduled servicing of underground refuge chambers.