Mincor's Policy in the field of Occupational Health and Safety
Mincor's stakeholders include its shareholders, employees, local residents and the wider community. Mincor recognises its responsibilities to all its stakeholders and will ensure that its Health, Safety and Environmental standards are second to none.
- Mincor will carry out its business in a responsible manner, and will protect and cherish the natural environment.
- Mincor will ensure that its employees are protected from all occupational injuries and diseases.
- Mincor will provide a safe working environment for its employees, will ensure that Health and Safety are management's top priority and that its workforce is fully trained in Health and Safety matters.
In order to live up to these ideals, it is important to carefully plan and execute actions in line with the ideals in order to properly manage occupational health and safety.
Quarterly update on Health, Safety and the Environment
One Lost Time Injury was recorded for the September 2013 quarter.
The 12-month moving average Lost Time Injury (LTI) Frequency Rate for all Mincor Operations is 4.41, which is higher than the industry underground average of 3.9. This represents two LTIs in the rolling 12 months.
The combined McMahon/Otter Juan operation achieved one year free of lost time injuries.
Minco took a lead role in assisting the Shire of Coolgardie to reinstated a locally-based doctor in Kambalda.
Mincor maintains a strong focus on Safety and continually reviews and upgrades its practises and procedures.
The following improvement strategies were undertaken during the September 2013 quarter:
- An audit of the entire Mincor Operations Safety Management System was completed, concluding that the Safety Management System is compliant with AS4801.
- In-house First Aid training was completed for 20 employees during the September quarter. The percentage of the workforce with First Aid training is now at 48%. The target is 90%.
- Blanket drug and alcohol testing was conducted across all operations.
- Scheduled servicing of underground refuge chambers completed.
- Mincor's Emergency Response & Mutual Aid Agreement with other mining companies in the area was renewed.
- An Occupational Health and Safety performance plan was developed in conjunction with Mincor's workers compensation insurer.