Mincor's Policy in the field of Occupational Health and Safety
Mincor's stakeholders include its shareholders, employees, local residents and the wider community. Mincor recognises its responsibilities to all its stakeholders and will ensure that its Health, Safety and Environmental standards are second to none.
- Mincor will carry out its business in a responsible manner, and will protect and cherish the natural environment.
- Mincor will ensure that its employees are protected from all occupational injuries and diseases.
- Mincor will provide a safe working environment for its employees, will ensure that Health and Safety are management's top priority and that its workforce is fully trained in Health and Safety matters.
In order to live up to these ideals, it is important to carefully plan and execute actions in line with the ideals in order to properly manage occupational health and safety.
Quarterly update on Health, Safety and the Environment
There was one Lost-Time Injury (LTI) recorded for the September 2015 quarter. This is up from zero LTIs recorded in the June 2015 quarter.
There was one Alternative Duty Injury in the June 2015 quarter, down from four recorded in the previous quarter.
The following improvement strategies were undertaken during the September 2015 quarter:
- Completed fire extinguisher audit.
- Finalised and executed an Emergency Response mutual aid agreement with Metals X - Higginsville and Central Norseman Gold.
- Conducted mutual aid Emergency Response training.
- Nationally accredited First Aid training undertaken.
- Annual servicing of ambulance stretchers completed.
- Implemented Appointed Persons Procedure.
- Developed and implemented Technical Services personnel Safe Work Procedures.